Skip to main content

Healthy Greek Chopped Salad

Hi everyone!  It’s Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home and I’m excited to be back here at Honey We’re Healthy sharing another healthy and delicious recipe with you.

Warm(ish) weather has finally arrived here in the Boston area, where I live, and we celebrated last weekend by bringing our outdoor dining table out of hibernation and having dinner on the deck.  



We grilled some marinated steak tips, had my favorite crispy oven potatoes (both recipes on my blog this week!), and big bowls of this Greek chopped salad with creamy yogurt dressing.  It was so fresh, colorful, and tasty and just the perfect kickoff to al fresco dining season here in the northeast.



Greek Chopped Salad
1 seedless cucumber
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
4-5 radishes, cut into quarters
1 c. black olives, halved or quartered
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese

Creamy Yogurt Dressing
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste

For the cucumbers, cut off the ends, then cut lengthwise in half and then half again.  Chop and add to a medium bowl.  Add tomatoes, radishes, olives, and feta.  Season with salt and pepper.

For the dressing, whisk all ingredients until well blended and pour over salad.  Toss gently and serve.


* * * * * 

Thank you for this post from contributing writer, Jennifer, of The Chronicles of Home.  You'll definitely want to check out her blog for more amazing recipes, beautiful home decor, and easy-to-follw DIY projects!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asian Salmon

Like anyone, I get bored of eating the same meals all the time and look for ways to add flavor to meals, while still keeping them healthy.  Right now, I'm hooked on this Asian Salmon dish that I've made several times now.  If you try it, please let me know what you think.  The recipe below is for one meal, so make more marinade if you're feeding your whole family.   Read more »

Healthy Afternoon Snack -Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt

Hi friends!  I'm definitely back in the workout/eat healthy grind, training with my trainer 3 times a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week.  It feels good to be back to it and I'm already noticing my jeans fitting better again, but being back on my meal plan where I eat every 3-4 hours is where I feel the most benefit.  If you're like a lot of women, you might actually skip meals (and I'm guilty of that too!) but eating consistently throughout the day keeps my energy level constant and there's no energy dip mid-afternoon. If I'm in a pinch and can't eat a whole meal (or I'm just not hungry enough) around 3:00 p.m. (the time I'm typically heading out the door to pick up my son from school), I'll grab a Greek yogurt because it's delicious, low calorie, and full of protein.   I was asked by Yoplait to try their  Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt , and since it's something I eat anyway, was happy to try their brand and flavors.  I didn&

40-Day Fat Loss Challenge (Day 14 Update)

It's time to check in and update my progress for the 40-Day Fat Loss Challenge I entered at my gym.  For my body fat percentage, I'll use my trainer's caliper measure since I won't have access to the machine until the 40 days is up.  The machine measured about the same as my trainer anyway.  My goal is to lose at least 1% body fat each week so that at the end of the 40 days (nearly 6 weeks), I'll have gone from 24% down to 17%.  I'm on track for that now, but would love to get closer to 15%.   PROGRESS Day 1:  24% body fat (112.4 pounds) Day 7:  22.4% body fat (110 pounds)  Day 14: 21% body fat (109.4 pounds)  (These numbers reflect what I weigh when I weigh-in at the gym mid-morning.  My weight below I take first thing in the morning when I wake up, so it's slightly lower.)  Below is a picture of where I'm at as of Day 13.  I didn't take a good "Day 1" picture, so the "start" is from December, but it's a good representation o